Because no one deserves to be hungry.
Always Needed Food and Hygiene Items
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Tomato Products (whole, stewed, diced, sauce...)
- Hygiene Products (toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, soap)
- Pancake Mix
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Meal in a Can (chili, stew, ravioli)
- Baby Food, Formula, Diapers
- Meal in a box (Hamburger /Tuna Helper, mac and cheese)
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- In season, fresh garden produce
- Diapers sizes 3 and larger
"Lettuce" Garden to Share
Grow or purchase and donate fresh fruit and vegetables. Produce donations can be dropped off at the food bank during our business hours.
- In the interest of food safety, we cannot distribute out of date, opened containers, or home cooked/canned food to our clients.
- We cannot accept donations of used clothing or household items.
Bartell Drug 'B' Caring Card
Visit Bartell Drugs to register for their e-Scrip 'B' Caring Card and up to 4% of your purchases will be automatically donated to Maple Valley Food Bank & Emergency Services.
Shop AmazonSmile, select our agency, and .05% of eligible purchases will come to us!
Stretching Your Donation Dollar
While we are always grateful to receive food donations, your financial gifts enable us to manage our inventory, purchasing items for our guaranteed, nutritious standard bag when stock is low.Our purchasing power, through bulk and wholesale sources, allows us to get more for the dollar than at retail grocers. Food Bag Cost Comparison
Easy to Donate
- Make checks payable to MVFB&ES, mail to PO Box 322, Maple Valley, WA 98038 or feel free to drop off at our office
- Drop off non-perishable food donations at MVFB&ES, Covington Library, Maple Valley Library or Greater Maple Valley Community Center
- MVFB&ES is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Your donations are tax deductible; receipts are available upon request, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org and a receipt will be mailed
- Our agency is registered with Washington State's Charities Program. For additional information: 800-332-4483 or www.sos.wa.gov/charities
The following local businesses generously donate goods to MVFB&ES each week/month:
- Albertsons, Fairwood
- Chevron, Lake Sawyer
- Coeur d'Alene Baking Co.
- Costco, Covington
- Fred Meyer, Maple Valley
- Grocery Outlet, Maple Valley
- Pepperidge Farms
- QFC, Maple Valley
- Safeway, Fairwood
- Shell, Maple Valley
- Springbrook Farms
Liability Protection for Donors
Both State and Federals laws protect donors from liability. In 1996, President Bill Clinton signed Law 104-210, the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, to encourage donations of food and grocery products to non-profit organizations for distribution to needy individuals. The law protects donors from civil and criminal liability should a fit and wholesome product donated in good faith later causes harm to a recipient.