Make a difference. Get involved today.
Current Volunteer Needs
Court Ordered Community Service - If you are interested in fulfilling Court Ordered Community Service requirements, or community service in lieu of a fine, you must come to our office, Monday - Thursday, 2:00 - 3:00 pm, to fill out an Inquiry Form. You will be contacted ONLY if there is a current need for your services. Court Order or sentencing documents will be required at the time work is scheduled. Phone calls and emails requesting court related community service will not be returned.
See Policies, Job Descriptions and Volunteer Contact information below.
It takes about 300 volunteer hours to keep our Regular Operations running smoothly for one week. We are deeply grateful to the men and women who faithfully meet that need week in and week out!
On Call volunteers are needed to fill in for regular volunteer absences, as needed.
- For a variety of safety, confidentiality and logistic considerations, volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Regular Operations volunteers must be able to safely lift up to 40 pounds consistently.
- All volunteers are scheduled in advance to ensure adequate staffing.
- See Hours of Operation and Location at right.
Regular Operations Job Descriptions
Hundreds of hours of short-term service are needed each year just for our Special Projects. Current needs will be posted (above), in season, for:
- School Supply Backpack Program - August. Sort and inventory donated supplies, stuff backpacks, or help with distribution in time for the new school year.
- Children's Christmas Gift Program - December. Set up special gift center for parents to choose gifts for their children. Sort, inventory and organize donated toys, set up and stock gift center, or help with gift distribution.
- Gardening - Help plant, cultivate and harvest our raised bed vegetable garden, in season.
- Food Drives - Conducting a drive for food or other necessities is a great way to support our mission any time! Click here for more information.
To learn more about becoming an ongoing volunteer or joining us for special projects, please
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 425-432-8139, extension 5 and leave a message