Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Title: Volunteer and Event Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 40 Hours/Week, Occasional Evenings and Weekends Required
Job Summary: This is not your average admin role! We are looking for a detailed, energetic, and dynamic individual who thrives in fast paced and social environments. Essential roles of the Volunteer and Event Coordinator include: developing and managing a volunteer recruitment and engagement strategy, implementing and maintaining a donor care program, coordinating community initiatives and drives, maintaining complex calendars, managing special projects for the Maple Valley Food Bank, performing office duties, and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
This Volunteer and Event Coordinator will be responsible for handling confidential information and maintaining professionalism.
We are looking for a self-starting, motivated and outgoing person who is extremely detail-oriented, excels in communication, and will be innovative and interested in making suggestions for positive improvements. A successful candidate will help build a positive team environment and establish working relationships inside and outside the Maple Valley Food Bank.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience in project management and/or non-profit experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new technologies and programs with ease
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little supervision and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with donors, clients, volunteers, employees, and community members
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and improve processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/assignments at any given time
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Must have reliable personal transportation and provide proof of valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Must be at least 25 years of age to drive company vehicle and be insurable
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check
- Must be able to sit/stand for periods of up to four hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have or be able to obtain Food Handlers Permit
- Work with appropriate staff to direct, coordinate, and host the Holiday Gift Program, Backpack Program, food drives, fundraising events, community outreach events/drives, and volunteer appreciation events
- Serve as the co-lead for annual fundraising events such as the Charity Golf Tournament, Turkey Trot, and Hunger Action Month
- Develop and manage volunteer recruitment campaigns and work with the Market Manager and Client Services Coordinator to schedule volunteers/community service workers as needed
- Help lead volunteer orientation and daily volunteer meetings
- Maintain breakroom supplies, snacks, office supplies, etc.
- Manage breakroom to create a positive experience for volunteers, including making coffee in the morning, setting out snacks, decorating for holidays, updating the volunteer board, and more
- Complete detailed data entry, update and maintain files, and maintain accurate records and planning systems (volunteer data, annual planning calendar, donations, drive/event totals)
- Direct and coordinate donor care program, including the management of all donor communication
- Assist in content creation for social media, maplevalleyfoodbank.org, and additional publications as needed
- Maintain and promote positive public relations with the community, clients, and volunteers
- Perform office duties such as answering phones, keeping calendars, coordinating appointments, picking up, sorting and distributing mail, and other clerical duties
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The Maple Valley Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.